Labels

Thursday 30 October 2014

SERVE WITH HONOUR AND CARE



Having been admitted to hospital on critical illness 3 times within a span of less than one year and duration on each hospitalization not less than one week makes me fully aware of the duties of a nurse. Since during those period I was hospitalized in the intensive care units, the job as nurse was so much felt.


In a life threatening situation, any hospital patient will be highly dependent on the nurse. Well as for me, it was more apparent since I was highly sedated for 4 days upon my emergency admission.


Recalling those scary moment, I was shocked to find out soon after regaining my consciousness, I was talking nonsense since I was still high on morphine. My wife told me on her visits that the nurses had diligently attend to me without any hesitation.
As much as they (the nurses), care for me like a baby from cleaning me up to feeding me, they also perform needful duties like utilizing the apparatus to vacuum my thick phlegm from my throat to clear my breathing passage way. It was needless to say awfully painful during the process, but they did it with confident. Apart from caring for me, they (the nurse) indeed have a strong heart to complete their task even though when it seems unbearable. During such occasion, my wife would normally leave me with the nurses as she could not bear watching me going through the excruciating  process.


In another instance, one other patient whom was emotionally disturbed, have to be subdued by the nurses despite they being verbally and physically abuse. They finally able to calm the patient without the assistance from a security guard or a doctor.


There’s one other patient that refuses to eat and practically become unmotivated to recover from a heart bypass, but the nurses were consistently giving her encouraging words where she finally able to overcome her psychological negativity.


All in all, I have high respect for this ladies for their unwavering dedication in their work which has been a significant factors in most patient recovery apart from the doctors and the medicine.

Your noble contribution to the industry and society will never be forgotten. Nurses, wherever you are, my deepest appreciation and salute to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment